Dr. Pradeep Nambiar
PRADEEP NAMBIAR, MD; MS; FRCS; FRCSC-Canada (Cardiac Surgery)
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgery
Director Cardiothoracic Surgery
Moolchand Medcity, Heart Hospital, New Delhi, India
Expert and skilled Cardiothoracic surgeon with expertise in minimally invasive Coronary bypass,
valve and aortic surgery. Innovator of “The Nambiar Technique” of minimal access Coronary
bypass. (Encompasses using a 2 inch left minithoracotomy through which the BITAS are
harvested under direct vision without robotic / thoracoscopic assistance. Multivessel total
arterial revascularization is then done using the LITA – RITA Y composite conduit by the off pump
methodology. (Presented at ISMICS 2012).
Carried out over 8000 Cardiothoracic surgical procedures. Trained in robotic surgery. Excellent
leadership, professional and administrative skills. Further, was on the staff of the Cleveland Clinic
Heart Center as an associate for 3 years. Valid Ohio state medical license.
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (Cardiac Surgery)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- Master of Surgery (Gen Surgery) ; University of Delhi ; India
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) ; Armed Forces Medical College ; Pune ; India
- Fellow Royal college of Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh ;UK
- Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain& Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of India.
World Cardiology Award for Excellence : WCCPCI – 2013 – Innovation of The Nambiar Technique
Association of Kerala Medical Graduates, Cleveland Convention, 2007
Best Sr. Registrar John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 2002
The ‘Sultan’s Medal’ for Meritorious Service, Force Medical Services, Royal Army of Oman, 1996
(incl .Operation Desert Storm, 1991)
The ‘Sainya Seva medal’ For Meritorious Service, Army Medical Corps Indian Army, 1988.
The ‘Kalinga Trophy’ for the Best All Round Student, Armed Forces Medical College, India,