Dr. Adel Hassan
Dr. Adel M. A. Hassan
Doctorate (Clinical Anesthesiology), Master (Anesthesia/ICU), MB. BCh.
Doctor in Anesthesia, ICU & Pain Management
Consultant Anesthesiologist & Pain Medicine
Dubai – UAE
The area of my interest being Algiologist is Affording pain management to my patients anywhere in Prime Hospital.
So, regarding Inpatients, acute pain management as in trauma cases or acute postoperative pain and acute painful medical/cardiac emergencies especially in ICU, I used to keep them pain free.
Regarding Outpatients, who suffer from chronic pain, I receive them in my Pain Management Clinic and treat their agony. Examples of their conditions are, Migraine, Cluster headache, Facial Nerve pain, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Neck, Shoulder and Dorsal pains, Post-herpetic neuralgia, Low Back Pains, Sciatica, Severe Splanchnic Pains, Sympathetic Induced pain and Complex Regional Pain Syndromes, facet Arthropathies, Fibromyalgia/ Myofascial pain … and other many Chronic painful conditions with acute exacerbations.
I use techniques and modalities suitable to each condition, starting from conservative simple medications/physiotherapy to interventional methods in operating theatre to get the best possible results e.g.
- Cervical Epidural Injections for Neck Pain with Radiculopathy in the Upper Limb. Same in the Thoracic and lumbar regions…
- Radio-Frequency Ablation (RFA) for Nerve to Facet Joint involved in Facet Arthropathies causing back pain.
- RFA to sympathetic ganglia for sympathetic induced pains.
- Continuous Intrathecal analgesic infusion via implantable programmable pump.
- Patient Controlled Analgesia iv/epidural for chronic or CA pain.
- Graduated 1976 MB. BCh, from Ain Shams University, Medical College, Cairo, Egypt.
- Got Master Degree (M.SC.) 1981, in Anesthesia (Thesis on Intensive Care), from Ain- Shams University, Medical College, Cairo, Egypt.
- Afforded Doctorate Degree (M.D) in Anesthesia from Al Azhar University Medical College, 1989, Cairo, Egypt.
- Worked 13 yrs. in Egypt, in Manshiet AL-Bakery general hospital, MOH. The last position was a consultant anesthesia & intensive care in the same hospital.
- Worked 10 yrs. In KSA in Governmental sector, where I established and headed a 6-bed ICU, for 7yrs.
- Worked 17yrs. In UAE between Governmental & Private sectors as a Consultant Anesthesia / ICU / Pain Medicine.