Dr. Masood Ur Rahman
Dr. Masood Ur Rahman
Consultant ICU and pulmonology
Chairman Department of Critical Care Medicine
Assistant professor at Faculty of Medicine UAE University
Al-Ain , UAE
Dr. Masood holds three board certificates from State University of New York (SUNY) Hospital Stony Brook, New York, USA:
- American Board of Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Pulmonary Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Currently he is consultant in Intensive Care Unit and Assistant professor at Faculty of Medicine UAE University and Chairman of Critical Care Medicine Department in Tawam Hospital Al Ain – UAE .
He was part of the team which achieved JCIA accreditation for Tawam Hospital in 2006. Instrumental in organizing Tawam Intensive Care Unit. Introduced various protocols, clinical practice guidelines and clinical pathways including Glycemic, head injury, sedation etc. Presented in various local and international conferences and has published several articles in peer review journal. Also was in the organizing committee for the First and Second Trauma Critical Care Conference held in Al Ain.
- Protocols and clinical practice guideline for
- Sedation and analgesia in critically ill patient.
- Glycemic control in critically ill patient.
- Weaning from mechanical ventilation.
- Management of severe head trauma in critically ill patient.
- Started bed side percutaneous tracheostomy at Tawam hospital. Formulated formal policy and practice guideline for the hospital
- Establishment of rapid response team.
- Member of team that formulated policy for ICU admission and discharge criteria for (SEHA).
- Improve compliance with head end elevation and CV line bundle
- Lead Person for formulated, directed and implemented Septic shock clinical pathway in Tawam hospital. Massive transfusion protocol.
- Member SEHA( Abu Dhabi Health Services) committee for sepsis guidelines
- Chairman Morbidity and mortality committee for Intensive care unit
- Member customer service committee.
- Member credentialing committee for Tawam hospital.
- Member CPR committee.
- Co-director for “Percutaneous Tracheostomy Workshop” International Critical Care Medicine and Exhibition Conference – ICCC/ 2nd IPACCMS at Dubai on 22-24 April 2007.
- Course director for the Percutaneous Tracheostomy Workshop during the pre-conference workshops The International Conference on Trauma Management Critical Care and Prevention, was held on 17-19 February 2009 at Intercontinental Hotel, Al Ain.
- Member Research committee The International Conference on Trauma Management Critical Care and Prevention, was held on 17-19 February 2009 at Intercontinental Hotel, Al Ain.
- Vascular Access Course and Hands-On Workshop held at Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University on 22 March 2009.
- Chaired/co-chaired plenary sessions on The International Conference on Trauma Management Critical Care and Prevention, was held on 17-19 February 2009 at Intercontinental Hotel, Al Ain
- Organized symposium entitled, “Updates in Critical Care Medicine” was held on 18 June 2011 at Al, Ain UAE.
- Speaker at International Conferences
- “Bed Side Percutaneous Tracheostomy versus Surgical Tracheostomy” The International Conference on Trauma Management Critical Care and Prevention on 17-19 February 2009 at Intercontinental Hotel, Al Ain.
- “New Advances in management of septic shock” 9th Middle East Emergency Medicine conference 25th October 2011 Abu Dhabi, Al Ain.
- Masood won the Employee of the month award in 2007 and the Customer Service Award on 2012 from Tawam hospital.
- He is Married with 5 children and interested avidly in cricket,Tennis and swimming.